Charge: Suspected child rapist threatened to deport victim's mother

File photo

BELLEVUE, Wash. - The molestation of a 14-year-old girl in Bellevue went unreported for a year-and-a-half because the attacker threatened to report the victim's mother to immigration authorities, according to police reports.

Now Siamak Tajer, 48, is charged with third-degree child rape for the July 2016 attack reported against a young neighbor.

The assault was only reported when a therapist, a mandatory reporter, learned of the accusations, according to prosecutors.

The therapist reported the assault to Bellevue police in December. A detective interviewed the girl, now 16, who claimed that she and her younger brothers attended a party at her neighbor's house the day of the attack, according to the incident report.

She told the detective that Tajer tried to kiss her and she rebuffed him, court records indicate. Later, she reportedly drank what she believed to be water, but she immediately felt dizzy and sick.

The girl went home to lie on a couch. Tajer allegedly entered her apartment through an unlocked door and began kissing her, but she had difficulty breathing, speaking and moving. She says he sexually assaulted her until her dog bit him and she was finally able to move away and yell at him, according to Bellevue police.

Tajer left, but reportedly soon called her to say that he would report her mother to immigration authorities if she told police about the attack. The threat frightened her, the girl told the detective.

The teen called her mother, who immediately returned home and smelled a strange medicinal odor on her daughter's breath, the mother later told police. She admitted to Bellevue cops that she didn't report her daughter's assault because she was afraid of being deported, according to the incident report.

The alleged victim's younger brothers told authorities that they remembered Tajer acting suspicious that day after their sister left the party early. He prevented one of them from going home at one point and he made sure everyone was upstairs at his home before he went to the teen's apartment, court documents indicate.

Police arrested Tajer Jan. 31 and he was released on bond five days later, jail records indicate.

----- is a media partner of KOMO News. Read the original story ...

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off